The deadly threat of the TDS Virus

By Chuck Muth
When President Trump suggested that anti-malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine “might” be effective in treating the Wuhan virus, the media and Trump-hating Democrats scoffed. Including Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak who banned doctors from prescribing it.
They accused Trump of “raising false hopes in the American public.” Blamed him when an Arizona man died after eating fish tank cleaner
rather than getting the medication from a doctor. Hell, MSDNC’s Chuck Todd on Sunday went so far as to suggest the President had “blood on his hands.”
Here’s exactly what the President said on March 22…
“There’s been some tremendous signs that this could work. Now, again, you know, some doctors think it should go for years in testing. But,
you know, this has been something that’s been around for many years. It’s been phenomenal — a strong, powerful drug for malaria. But we think it might work on this, based on evidence – based on very strong evidence. We’re going to see. We’re going to know on — you know,
sometime after Tuesday.” “Could work.” “Might work.” Never guaranteed. “We’re going to see.”
Well, on Saturday we saw France sanction use of the drugs after “78 out of 80 patients treated with chloroquine recovered within five days.” And on Sunday night we saw the FDA issue “an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.”
Sounds like the President was right. Again.
If we’re not careful, more people are going to die from Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) than the Wuhan virus. Trump vs. Sisolak President Donald Trump has done extensive daily live briefings, with reporters asking (often stupid) questions. And he’s demonstrated a remarkable grasp of a wide variety of issues related to the ongoing Wuhan virus crisis.
He’s also included Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx in the briefings. Bona fide, well-established medical professionals who instill confidence.
And all the while it’s been CLEAR the president really, really, really wants to allow Americans to get back to work as soon as safely possible. “I want our life back again,” the President said in the Rose Garden yesterday.
So when he extended the “15 Days to Flatten the Spread” advisory until the end of April, people accepted that the situation was still serious enough to warrant the extension. They fully understand and accept that he’s trying to make sure the cure isn’t worse than the disease.
Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak, by comparison, has been a leadership disaster. He’s done Facebook briefings. Rarely has taken questions from the media. And only if pre-screened and read out loud by a staffer. No follow-up.
And the sound quality and choreography has been just awful. The perception conveyed is that this is amateur hour. Not exactly a confidence-builder.
It also seems that every briefing includes a clarification of something contradictory he said in a previous briefing — including constant changes as to what is and isn’t an “essential” business — leaving the public confused, fearful, unnecessarily stressed and in many cases…angry.
As political commentator Orrin Johnson wrote a couple days ago… “Governor Sisolak’s most significant handicap is his inability to effectively communicate what he is doing and why. His habit of announcing first and providing regulations later is a bad one, and makes what are defensible policies into suspicious and ominous sounding headlines around the country. It undermines our ability to trust that he’s got a plan, knows what he’s doing, and has the situation in Nevada under control.” Exactly.
The governor’s also told us he’s relying on the advice of a medical expert that the Washington Times reported isn’t even licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. He’s also appointed an unelected Corona-Czar who’s known throughout the gaming community as “The Lord of Layoffs.”
In addition, Gov. Sisolak has also constantly deflected blame; criticizing the federal government for his own administration’s failure to anticipate and react appropriately to the situation — including falsely accusing the President of saying “you guys go out and take care of yourself.”
That’s NOT what the President said, and Sisolak knows it. So while a majority of Americans trust President Trump when he says the health protocols need to be extended until the end of April, a large number of Nevadans wouldn’t trust Gov. Sisolak if he said you should take Ex-Lax for constipation.
It’s easy to sell fear. But it takes a real leader to sell confidence and hope. Sorry, but we don’t have one in Nevada. America got Winston Churchill. Nevada got Neville Chamberlain.
Another Coming Disaster Gov. Sisolak is Ignoring Gov. Sisolak said: “Every social contact increases your risk of exposure. The bigger the group, the higher your risk.”
As such, he ordered a ban on people gathering in groups of ten or more, even in parks and playgrounds and their own homes. Yet he specifically EXEMPTED the homeless from his order.
Two days ago it was announced that they were going to start gathering up to 500 homeless people in a make-shift overnight camp at Cashman
Field since the virus has now reached the homeless population — a population not exactly known for its hygiene.
Without doubt, the Wu-Flu is now bound to spread quickly and widely among the homeless — if it hasn’t already.
So if every social contact increases your risk of exposure — and the bigger the group, the higher the risk — shouldn’t they be quarantined instead of exempted?
And shouldn’t there also be a public health ban on pan-handling, especially since law enforcement is now going around shutting down small businesses, even those taking safety precautions?
Chuck Muth is president of CitizenOutreach.org and publisher of NevadaNewsandViews.com. He blogs at MuthsTruths.com. His views are his
own.

2 Attachments

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments