Clark County Offers Winter Break Day Camps for Youth Ages 6 – 12
Clark County’s Day Camp programs are a safe place for youth to create, explore, and make new friends during Winter Break. The camps will be available at eight Clark County Parks and Recreation facilities from Dec. 19 through Dec. 30 and will be closed on Dec. 26, Christmas Day Observed. The program runs Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and costs $21 per day per child.
Locations where Winter Break Day Camps are available include:
· Desert Breeze Community Center, 8275 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117
· Helen Meyer Community Center, 4525 New Forest Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89147
· Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV 89142
· Paradise Recreation Center, 4775 S. McLeod., Las Vegas, NV 89121
· Pearson Recreation Center, 1625 West Carey, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
· Robert E. “Bob” Price Recreation Center, 2050 Bonnie Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89156
· Walnut Recreation Center, 3075 North Walnut Rd., Las Vegas, NV
Day camp is extremely popular, and availability in the program fills quickly. Camp staff will process registration on a first-come, first-served basis. Payment in full is required to reserve a spot. LVUL Early Childhood Connections (Las Vegas Urban League) is accepted, but parents must provide a current certificate of benefits designated to the specific site the child will be attending. Some facilities may offer breakfast and lunch options.
Those wanting more information about Clark County’s Winter Break Day Camps can call 702 455-8200 or visit www.ClarkCountyNV.gov/parks. The Clark County Parks and Recreation can also be found on social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.