Truth over Lies: Inside the Clark County Family Court, with Keith Patton, debuted last Monday and is being aired daily at one in the afternoon with invited guests and many interviews with parents that are facing the Gestapo-style judges in Family Court.
Many litigants have come forward and reached out to the Las Vegas Tribune looking to expose the injustice, lack of respect, and mistreatment they all faced while their cases were litigated in Family Court.
Some have claimed that the problem lies with the ignorance and lack of law knowledge of some judges; others claim that judges are too cozy with the opposing attorneys in the case, either for campaign contributions or personal relations.
“They are not following the law, they are not seeing the best for the child because they are too busy trying to impose their own feelings, their own — supposedly — common sense on things, instead of looking out for the child’s welfare and best interests,” said Patton, who is before Judge Gayle Nathan, asking for more time with his son while the judge is trying to terminate his visitation rights because he is a medical marijuana patient; while, according to Patton, the mother used marijuana all along during her pregnancy.
Patton is inviting everyone that has an issue with Family Court to contact him at kpatton@ RadioTribune.com and schedule an on-air interview to expose the wrongdoing and the injustices related to their cases.
“The Las Vegas Tribune has taken issue with several cases in Family Court and plans to keep doing it until those judges start treating the litigants as human beings,” said Maramis Choufani, Managing Editor of the newspaper.
Las Vegas Tribune stepped in when the Jones family was trying to recuperate their son and grandson from the hands of Child Protective Services and Family Court Judge Frank Sullivan.
The newspaper is also intervening in the case of Melody Nelson, who is trying to get a copy of the hearing wherein she was also trying to get visitation — with her grandson — and again, Judge Frank Sullivan forced himself into the case and denied Nelson’s petition.
Las Vegas Tribune recently learned that Judge Sullivan has said “Over my dead body will she get that tape”; but the newspaper cannot verify that statement because Judge Sullivan refuses to talk to the Las Vegas
Marian Price, the court spokesperson, was supposed to arrange a meeting between the newspaper and the judge, but it seems that she has let us down because the newspaper never heard any more from her, which is the way all government entities operate when they choose to not respond to the media inquiring for comments or asking for interviews with heads of departments or elected officials.
Open Mic with Gordon Martines is the second show debuting on RadioTribune.com, with issues concerning the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. Martines spent the last 36 years of his life serving in several capacities at LVMPD, but his longest time was spent as a detective in the robbery- homicide section, right up until the end of his career earlier this year.
Martines’ show is going to be based on exposing the corruption and the abuse of power that currently exists and has existed all during the present Metro administration.
Fifteen members of Sheriff Douglas Gillespie’s organization have been served with a Federal complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the State of Nevada that notified them they are being sued in a historical legal precedent — a complaint filed against the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department by one of their own.
The complaint has been filed by Las Vegas Attorney David Otto on behalf of his client, the Plantiff, 34-year veteran with LVMPD, Detective Gordon Martines.
The lawsuit specifically names the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, the Defendants, their agents, officers, servants and/or employees, engaged in unlawful conduct by, inter alia, retaliating against Plaintiff for exercising his First Amendment rights to free speech and denying him procedural due process.
On Open Mic radio show, Martines will discuss the November 7, 2010 incident in which his life was threatened by his immediate supervisor, and he was degraded by ethnic/racial slurs and was immediately transferred, relieved of duty, and had his working desk completely ransacked — as we reported, along with photo, in a Las Vegas Tribune front page article — and how all of his criminal files, evidence, confessions, tapes and data encompassing at least 30 active criminal cases, were stolen, removed, and/or destroyed, all of which directly contributed to Detective Martines’ current medical heart condition.
Martines is planning to go into details about evidence, statements, photos, and composites, as well as going over a whole list of associated individuals connected to his stolen 10-year-old homicide investigation case, which has resurfaced and has been presented to the Attorney General’s Office and the Federal Justice Department as well — but definitely will not be going back to Metro — for prosecution.
Prior to the present “resurfacing” of this Alamo Murder Case, all evidence and notes relating to this murder investigation were “stolen” or “illegally removed” from Detective Martines’ desk-and possibly destroyed-on or before November 7, 2010.
Martines is planning to also invite others to participate in his radio show to talk about his current campaign as candidate for sheriff.
Both shows promise to be not only very interesting, but full of intrigue and opportunities to open doors for everyone to participate, and for the public to be involved, to ask questions, and above all, to get real answers. Both shows — both hosts and the producer of the two shows, Rolando Larraz, founder and owner of the only independent newspaper in Clark County, the Las Vegas Tribune — promise to bring the most transparent shows ever aired in the Las Vegas area to your Internet station daily.
“This time what happens in Las Vegas will NOT stay in Las Vegas; at the least, it might reach the Justice Department in Washington D.C.,” stated Rolando Larraz.