President Barack Obama finally came across with what he has been promising to all the immigrants in the country without official authorization from the government. Finally, President Obama has taken pen in hand and put cell phone to ear to do what he has been threatening the people of this nation that he would do, despite the fact that his administration has deported more people than the last three administrations put together. It all happened after this past election, when the outcome was more surprising than most people would have expected. Five million people are now blessed with the personal presidential authorization to be in the country — regardless of the fact that Mr. Obama has said time and time again that what he just did last week is illegal and it is up to the legislators to decide and approve. However, what many could not foresee is that the demand will not stop with this November 20 executive order in place to allow a permanent stay to those who are not authorized to be in the country; the Latinos “on the front lines” are already planning a strategy to include the other seven million that have been left behind to complete the 12, 15 or 20 million the government presumes are in the country without papers. In his speech to the nation — and later, when he spoke at the El Sol High School in Las Vegas — the president said that while he prefers legislative action to fix our immigration system, the failure of House Republicans to bring up consideration of a Senate-passed Immigration Bill necessitates his executive order. The president outlined three goals for his actions: to provide additional resources for law enforcement to help curb illegal border crossings; to make it easier for high-skilled and educated immigrants to stay; and to “deal responsibly” with undocumented immigrants who already live in this country. Democrats were taken by surprise in November’s election when Republicans took control of the House and the Senate — as well as taking control in many State elections — because of the immigration game played by Obama, Reid, Pelosi and many other Democrats; and that is what made the President take the action of by passing the House and ignoring the law and the Constitution of the nation they all represent and have sworn to protect and defend. All three of them and their allies chose to ignore their promises to all those who claim to be “living in the shadow” and had continued the game for the last six years; now they hope that by making good their immigration promises, they can correct their mistakes. But it is not as easy as it sounds because many of those affected by the Democrats’ failure to make good on their promise the right way, with the approval of the legislators, know that the President’s decision last November 20 is only a band-aid on a very serious and large injury that cannot be cured with home remedies. Others, the followers, are going to learn the hard way that the three musketeers (Obama, Reid and Pelosi) are not in a position to fulfill and ensure a complete immigration reform; and now, while they are the minority in both the House and the Senate, that “position” has less power than ever. As long as it is not a law, the condescending and arbitrary decision of the president to exercise his right to an Executive Order may be null and void if those sitting on Capitol Hill do not vote to approve the order of the president, executive or not. President Obama claims that the executive order is not an amnesty but a temporary stay for those who are working their way to a better and brighter future. We all, in our daily life, know more than a few people that are here without papers and we agree that the majority are hard-working and decent people that are trying to better themselves and their families; but the fact is that they are not doing it the right way and they are laughing at all of us. The President told the audience, among other things, “If you meet the criteria, you can come out of the shadows and get right with the law.” We do not know what shadows the president is referring to because almost everyone of those “living in the shadow” has a job, a driver’s license, a bank account, has bought a home or two and drives a new truck with the flag of their country of origin — not the American flag that gave them the opportunity to drive that new truck — on the rear end mirror, and the name of their city or state pasted in the rear window, not the city of Las Vegas, the state of Nevada or even the USA.
Tune into RadioTribune daily for the best internet talk radio in Nevada.
Click on the image to tune in.
- Freedom of speech a privilege that only liberals and Democrats are entitled to.January 19, 2017
- WELCOME, Mr. PresidentJanuary 19, 2017
- Telling it like it is about Harry ReidJanuary 17, 2017
- Innocence Project agrees to represent Kirstin LobatoJanuary 16, 2017
- Columnist takes aim at target-rich topicJanuary 16, 2017
- affordable care act Barack Obama Clark County Clark Feeley Cliven Bundy Dave Thomas Detective Gordon Martines Donald Trump Face The Tribune FBI Fidel Castro Gordon Martines Gov. Brian Sandoval Harry Reid Hillary Clinton Joe Lombardo Judge Allan Earl Justice Department Larry Burns Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Tribune Lt. Hans Walters LVMPD Mitt Romney Nevada Supreme Court Obamacare President Barack Obama President Obama Regional Justice Center Republican Party sandy zimmerman Senator Harry Reid Sheriff Doug Gillespie Sheriff Douglas Gillespie Sheriff Gillespie show reviews Social Security Stanley Gibson Sue Lowden Ted Cruz. Trevon Cole U.S. Supreme Court United States United States of America
- In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,August 15, 2014
- Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIREDJune 19, 2013
- The LVPPA is a joke!February 27, 2014
- Lawyer lied during Kirstin Lobato’s Nevada Supreme Court argumentsNovember 13, 2014
- We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”January 15, 2014
DonationsLasVegasTribune.com has a handful of honest hardworking editors and researchers. We are working diligently to bring you the truth no matter the cost. We have no membership fees and have no plans for it in the future. We rely on the compassion and dedication of our faithful volunteers and donations from our loyal readers.
Please donate as much as you feel comfortable. We have multiple donation values for your convenience as well as donation you can enter your own value.
We thank you for your support, and please only donate what you can afford.
Like Us On Facebook