By Sandy Zimmerman (Photo of Raquel Pérez Cuevas by Sandy Zimmerman, others by the Bodegas Ontañón Winery) The wines and cuisine of Spain were introduced at a special dinner at the Jaleo by Jose Andres Restaurant inside the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Raquel Pérez Cuevas, one of the owners of the Bodegas Ontañón Winery, traveled from Spain to Las Vegas to appear at this dinner. SZ: “Your family have owned the Bodegas Ontañón winery for many years.” Raquel: “We have been wine growers for five generations and later opened our winery.” SZ: The La Rioja region offers a perfect setting for growing grapes. Raquel: “The winery is in a special location with high elevation in the Sierra de Yerga mountains. That makes a difference. The sun and soil are other factors.” SZ: “I traveled from the Costa del Sol to Madrid, Spain. Where is your winery located?” Raquel: “We touch the Basque country and only a three hour drive from Madrid or four hours from Barcelona.” SZ: “Are there any inns or places to stay in the village?” Raquel: We don’t have as much accommodations as in Las Vegas but Vino Tourism has become very popular. You will find gastronomy and hotels. We are one of the largest wine growers with 600 acres in the Rioja region. Our family are very proud of that. For us, it is first the land, then the wine. We want to preserve the old vineyards in Rioja.” SZ: “How do your wines compare to the French and Italian wines?” “Can the public visit your vineyard?” Raquel: “You see what is happening with Spain’s gastronomy, it is a revolution now. With the wines, we have a lot of different climates in Spain and have not been proactive in presenting our wines to the rest of the world.” SZ: “The Jaleo by Jose Andres serves your wines here. For information about the Bodegas Ontañón Winery, view their website: www.ontanon.es Jaleo, by José Andrés, satisfies their guests with the unforgettable tastes of Spain! For information, call (702)-698-7950. Jaleo is located on the third floor, inside the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Hotel, 3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South, on the strip. www.jaleo.com Award winning Sandy Zimmerman is a syndicated columnist featuring Show and Dining reviews, travel, health, luxury and more. Sandy is talk show host of the Las Vegas Today Show programs and Discover the Ultimate Vacation travel specials. If you want to suggest topics for articles or to ask questions about Sandy’s articles, call (702)-731-6491. firstname.lastname@example.org ATTENTION: Do you have a fave singer, comedian, magician, hypnotist, ventriloquist, psychic, variety act, production show, group or other type of entertainer? Please send the name of the entertainer, your telephone number, and the reasons for your choice and you may win free show tickets or other prizes. Telephone: (702)-731-6491.
Tune into RadioTribune daily for the best internet talk radio in Nevada.
Click on the image to tune in.
- WikiLeaks evidence shows that elections can and have been riggedOctober 26, 2016
- Lawmakers hand out unconstitutional corporate gift to another billionaireOctober 26, 2016
- George Soros-connected company has provided voting technology in 16 statesOctober 26, 2016
- Obama campaigns for Hillary while taxpayers’ pay the tabOctober 26, 2016
- Our Las Vegas Tribune Diverse Family TeamOctober 22, 2016
- affordable care act Barack Obama Clark County Clark Feeley Cliven Bundy Dave Thomas Detective Gordon Martines Donald Trump Entertainment Face The Tribune FBI Gordon Martines Gov. Brian Sandoval Harry Reid Hillary Clinton Joe Lombardo Judge Allan Earl Justice Department Larry Burns Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Tribune Lt. Hans Walters LVMPD Mitt Romney Nevada Supreme Court Obamacare President Barack Obama President Obama Regional Justice Center Republican Party sandy zimmerman Sheriff Doug Gillespie Sheriff Douglas Gillespie Sheriff Gillespie show reviews Social Security Stanley Gibson Sue Lowden Ted Cruz. Ted Moody Trevon Cole U.S. Supreme Court United States United States of America
- In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,August 15, 2014
- Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIREDJune 19, 2013
- Lawyer lied during Kirstin Lobato’s Nevada Supreme Court argumentsNovember 13, 2014
- We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”January 15, 2014
- Court Hearing Master Patricia Doninger Must GoApril 6, 2013
- Ewan Lillicii on:New Report Exposes Growing Militarization of American Policing
- Aurora on:Opponents of Adelson-backed stadium get little attention in Adelson owned newspaper
- Lillian on:In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,
- Ellis on:We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”
- n/a on:CALL 311? What an eye-opener this was!
DonationsLasVegasTribune.com has a handful of honest hardworking editors and researchers. We are working diligently to bring you the truth no matter the cost. We have no membership fees and have no plans for it in the future. We rely on the compassion and dedication of our faithful volunteers and donations from our loyal readers.
Please donate as much as you feel comfortable. We have multiple donation values for your convenience as well as donation you can enter your own value.
We thank you for your support, and please only donate what you can afford.
Like Us On Facebook