With at least eighteen months before election time, and two candidates already assuring us they will throw their hats in the ring, Sheriff Douglas Gillespie announced his intention to run for re-election.Less than a week ago, some of Las Vegas Tribune’s news department were talking about the possibility of Gillespie running for re-election; the majority of those with an opinion were betting against it, while the others thought he would run again.The announcement, made by the Sheriff in his favorite newspaper, took many people by surprise for many reasons, not the least of which are all of public record, such as the murder of Eric Scott, the assassination (execution style) of Trevon Cole, and the killing (mob-hit style) of Gulf War Veteran Stanley Gibson.Both Trevon Cole and Stanly Gibson were unarmed when Sheriff Gillespie’s officers killed them, and none of the officers involved have lost their job or were punished.Retired Captain Dan Barry already confirmed to the Las Vegas Tribune that he is running to unseat his friend and former boss, regardless of the close friendship both men enjoy.The statement to Las Vegas Tribune was made inside Our Lady of Las Vegas Catholic Church; and due to the strong Catholic beliefs of Cpt. Barry, there is no doubt that the former police captain was telling the truth.Barry also confirmed that he already had a fund-raising with friends and supporters, with the endorsement of a local group that pretended to have a large number of members and a fancy name.Even though it has not yet been confirmed at press time, Detective Gordon Martines with the robbery and homicide division of METRO is also expected to run for the top law enforcement position.Telephone calls made to Detective Martines’ home and cellphone have not been answered in the last eight to ten weeks, and calls to his desk are not allowed when not job-related.Several other “spots” that taint Sheriff Gillespie’s record, besides those three high profile murders, include the fact that more that 40 people have lost their lives in the 16 weeks of this year so far, coupled with the noticeably unsafe feeling that visitors and tourists display. Some casinos have seen their gamblers and guests being robbed in the elevators and shot inside the casino walls, indicating a severe lack of security. Martines, a 38-year veteran of the force, is the only active duty member of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department with the courage to take his boss, Sheriff Douglas Gillespie, along with 14 other members of the Gillespie administration, to court – for several reasons.Also marring Sheriff Gillispie’s record is the the $42 million radio fiasco that has turned out to be an $84 million affair, what with the purchase of more radios for police officers to be able to do their job and communicate with dispatch.Martines is, in fact, the only man who – despite being discouraged by the judge who may preside in the case – will continue with the lawsuit against all odds, even against the political power that Sheriff Gillespie carries with most federal judges, and the unbalanced scales of justice in the judicial system.Many police officers, speaking on the condition of anonymity, believe that Barry is only running to divide the votes among the candidates and to therefore give Gillespie a better chance. There is also a strong possibility that Barry’s campaign may be funded by Gillespie’s camp.Sheriff Gillespie is asking for more money, yet the admistration has over $100,000.000 in the bank – and the Sheriff refuses to cut the several Executive Directors as head of departments at a tag price of over $200,000 each as a campaign promise.Sheriff Gillespie for re-election? We definitely think not!
Sandoval signs on to Fascism Forces general public to pay $750 million to Casino Cartel
Nevada taking the forefront in challenging new overtime rule
Sandoval didn’t address ESA during the current Legislature Session
Opponents of Adelson-backed stadium get little attention in Adelson owned newspaper
You Might Like
Tune into RadioTribune daily for the best internet talk radio in Nevada.
Click on the image to tune in.
- Our Las Vegas Tribune Diverse Family TeamOctober 22, 2016
- Hillary vs. the Donald: Did this debate do anything to change your mind?October 22, 2016
- There’s no drug for our country’s ailmentOctober 22, 2016
- Trump’s accusers may have been influenced by Clinton’s campOctober 22, 2016
- Sandoval signs on to Fascism Forces general public to pay $750 million to Casino CartelOctober 21, 2016
- affordable care act Barack Obama Clark County Clark Feeley Cliven Bundy Dave Thomas Detective Gordon Martines Donald Trump Entertainment Face The Tribune FBI Gordon Martines Gov. Brian Sandoval Harry Reid Hillary Clinton Joe Lombardo Judge Allan Earl Justice Department Larry Burns Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Tribune Lt. Hans Walters LVMPD Mitt Romney Nevada Supreme Court Obamacare President Barack Obama President Obama Regional Justice Center Republican Party sandy zimmerman Sheriff Doug Gillespie Sheriff Douglas Gillespie Sheriff Gillespie show reviews Social Security Stanley Gibson Sue Lowden Ted Cruz. Ted Moody Trevon Cole U.S. Supreme Court United States United States of America
- In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,August 15, 2014
- Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIREDJune 19, 2013
- Lawyer lied during Kirstin Lobato’s Nevada Supreme Court argumentsNovember 13, 2014
- We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”January 15, 2014
- Court Hearing Master Patricia Doninger Must GoApril 6, 2013
- n/a on:CALL 311? What an eye-opener this was!
- New Ad Shows How Catherine Cortez Masto Ignored Pleas For Help From Family Taken Advantage Of By Nevada’s Guardianship Program – Freedom Partners - Action Fund on:We’re still on the job and not backing down
- Lesley on:Newspaper backtracks on endorsements position.
- cheryl maynard on:Trump opens Las Vegas Headquarters
- Chet on:Most Nevada sheriffs and the governor oppose gun background check initiative
DonationsLasVegasTribune.com has a handful of honest hardworking editors and researchers. We are working diligently to bring you the truth no matter the cost. We have no membership fees and have no plans for it in the future. We rely on the compassion and dedication of our faithful volunteers and donations from our loyal readers.
Please donate as much as you feel comfortable. We have multiple donation values for your convenience as well as donation you can enter your own value.
We thank you for your support, and please only donate what you can afford.
Like Us On Facebook