By Sandy Zimmerman (Photos by Sandy Zimmerman and B&B Ristorante) My invitation to the Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group (B&BHG) dine-around event brought me to the Palazzo Resort’s Restaurant Row. The large wall-sign featured the owners Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich as well as four of their restaurants- Carnevino (Palazzo), B&B Burger & Beer (Venetian), B&B Ristorante (Palazzo) and Otto Enoteca Pizzeria (Venetian). Jason Neve, Culinary Director for B&BHG, welcomed their guests to the B&B Ristorante, “This restaurant is a spin off of Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca, the group’s first restaurant In New York. B&B serves very classic, very rustic regional Italian cuisine. Like the Otto Enoteca Pizzeria, at the Venetian, we pride ourselves in our Charcuterie program and home-made pastas. We bring in whole hogs with other animals every week and use every part of them. The B&B Ristorante is a great place to come, escape Las Vegas and have a true feeling of a grandma cooking for you in an Italian house but in a fun great dining room.” Walking into the B&B Ristorante, the dark paneled walls, fine linen and china create an elegant atmosphere. There was an entire L-shaped wine cabinet across the wall. Kirk Peterson, B&BHG Beverage Director, discussed their wines. “We consider B&B a little piece of Italy. In order to accommodate the rapidly changing culinary offerings, our wine program showcases over 900 of the most famous wines from every region of Italy and champagne. The wines we feel accompany the food best. And what better way to celebrate or enjoy a beautiful meal as with a bottle of wine or champagne! The strength of Italian wine, Italian wine is food and they make the wine that way. Italian wine is made to showcase the flavors of your meal, to accentuate your meal. My role in this restaurant is to be saucier rather than a sommelier. I provide accompaniment to B&B Ristorante’s cuisine. It all depends on the sauce. We also offer a few pairing menus with a variety of wine pairings. It is that synergy between the food and the wine that we focus on.” The pairing wines for the tasting tonight were Maserati Cocktails, Fruliano, Bastianich “Adriatico”wine 2011 and Morellino di Scansano La Mozza wine, 2012. A superb selection for theses offerings: Grilled Octopus topped with a sweet and spicy lemoncello vinaigrette. The delightful oval Orecchiette Pasta with spicy Lamb Sausage and Rapini. The third selection, braised Short Ribs “al Barolo” with Anson Mills Polenta and horseradish, so tender the meat almost fell off the bones. What a combination of flavors and sauces! B&B Ristorante is located at the Palazzo Resort, next to the Venetian Resort, Las Vegas Boulevard South. For information, call 02-266-9977. Award winning Sandy Zimmerman is a syndicated columnist featuring Show and Dining reviews, Travel, Health, Spas, Luxury, Spas, Fashion, Automobiles and more. Sandy is talk show host of the Las Vegas Today Show programs and Discover the Ultimate Vacation travel specials. If you want to suggest topics for articles, if you would like to be reviewed, for information or to ask any questions about Sandy’s articles, call (702)-731-6491. firstname.lastname@example.org Health & Lifestyles——-December 17, 2014– Words, #3- “It is All About Carnevino’s Steaks” By Sandy Zimmerman (Photos by Carnevino Italian Steakhouse unless indicated) It was time to visit the Carnevino Italian Steakhouse, the third restaurant for the Dine-around tasting event at the Venetian and Palazzo Resorts. Jason Neve, Culinary Director for the four B8B Hospitality Group Restaurants discussed the quality of their meats, “When Carnevino opened in Las Vegas, we wanted it to be the greatest steakhouse in the world. We added a longer dry-aging period to 120 days which is three times more than most of the other restaurants. The natural BBL beef is hand selected and aged in our meat chamber by our man Adam Perry Lang. BBL beef is often beyond regular USDA prime standards for marbling and flavor and is hormone and antibiotic free. We rub all of our beef with sea salt, black pepper and fresh rosemary to get a delicious and slightly charred crust. We have so many dining options, the possibilities are endless.” This was an opportunity for us to taste three different beef dishes from their extensive menu. The food was ready and plates of Carne Cruda Crostini (raw steak Tartar) awaited us. Carnevino not only serves their special 120-day dry-aged beef as steaks but also in the Dry-Aged beef Tortellini Pasta and many other dishes as well. The Tortellini is accompanied with Parmesan Brodo (classic Italian beef broth). The finale of the evening, the Dry Aged Beef with Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes. Mascarpone is a soft Italian cheese made from cream, produced in the Lombardy region. The steak was so tender, so juicy and went well with the creamy mashed potatoes. Carnevino paired our dishes with their special Flagship wine from Joe Bastianich, the owner’s estate, Vespa Bianco, Bastianich 2011. This wine was created to showcase Friulian wine. The served a second wine- Aragone, la mozza, 2009. Each tasting was unique in the combinations of ingredients and flavors. Carnevino’s steaks are featured on their menu: Dry Aged Bone-In Ribeye, La Fiorentina classic Florentine porterhouse, Dry Aged New York Strip, Grilled Hanger steak, Filet Mignon, and Braised Short Rib Al Barolo They even have a Beef Tasting Menu for those who want to indulge in three different steaks: Carne Cruda chopped to order (raw Steak Tartare), Bresaola with black mission figs and gorgonzola dolce, Dry-aged Beef Tortellini with Parmesan Brodo, Braised Wagyu Beef Cheek, BBL Dry-Aged Ribeye and Tiramisu for dessert. Of course the menu also includes lamb, veal, pork, poultry, fish, pastas and a wide variety of choices. Since the portions are large, the server suggests ordering steak for two and to share one pasta and one antipasti. For the real Italian Steakhouse Experience, visit Carnevino Italian Steakhouse, inside the Palazzo Resort adjacent to the casino. www.carnevino.com Award winning Sandy Zimmerman is a syndicated columnist featuring Show and Dining reviews, travel, health, luxury and more. Sandy is talk show host of the Las Vegas Today Show programs and Discover the Ultimate Vacation travel specials. If you want to suggest topics for articles, for information or to ask any questions about Sandy’s articles, call (702)-735-5974. email@example.com Best in Las Vegas——-December 24, 2014– Words,
Tune into RadioTribune daily for the best internet talk radio in Nevada.
Click on the image to tune in.
- Our Las Vegas Tribune Diverse Family TeamOctober 22, 2016
- Hillary vs. the Donald: Did this debate do anything to change your mind?October 22, 2016
- There’s no drug for our country’s ailmentOctober 22, 2016
- Trump’s accusers may have been influenced by Clinton’s campOctober 22, 2016
- Sandoval signs on to Fascism Forces general public to pay $750 million to Casino CartelOctober 21, 2016
- affordable care act Barack Obama Clark County Clark Feeley Cliven Bundy Dave Thomas Detective Gordon Martines Donald Trump Entertainment Face The Tribune FBI Gordon Martines Gov. Brian Sandoval Harry Reid Hillary Clinton Joe Lombardo Judge Allan Earl Justice Department Larry Burns Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Tribune Lt. Hans Walters LVMPD Mitt Romney Nevada Supreme Court Obamacare President Barack Obama President Obama Regional Justice Center Republican Party sandy zimmerman Sheriff Doug Gillespie Sheriff Douglas Gillespie Sheriff Gillespie show reviews Social Security Stanley Gibson Sue Lowden Ted Cruz. Ted Moody Trevon Cole U.S. Supreme Court United States United States of America
- In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,August 15, 2014
- Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIREDJune 19, 2013
- Lawyer lied during Kirstin Lobato’s Nevada Supreme Court argumentsNovember 13, 2014
- We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”January 15, 2014
- Court Hearing Master Patricia Doninger Must GoApril 6, 2013
- n/a on:CALL 311? What an eye-opener this was!
- New Ad Shows How Catherine Cortez Masto Ignored Pleas For Help From Family Taken Advantage Of By Nevada’s Guardianship Program – Freedom Partners - Action Fund on:We’re still on the job and not backing down
- Lesley on:Newspaper backtracks on endorsements position.
- cheryl maynard on:Trump opens Las Vegas Headquarters
- Chet on:Most Nevada sheriffs and the governor oppose gun background check initiative
DonationsLasVegasTribune.com has a handful of honest hardworking editors and researchers. We are working diligently to bring you the truth no matter the cost. We have no membership fees and have no plans for it in the future. We rely on the compassion and dedication of our faithful volunteers and donations from our loyal readers.
Please donate as much as you feel comfortable. We have multiple donation values for your convenience as well as donation you can enter your own value.
We thank you for your support, and please only donate what you can afford.
Like Us On Facebook