The more I think about the overreach of the BLM (Federal Government), the more my skin just crawls. When I think of the two women that got beat up and the eight to ten men that were beat up and tazered by BLM Federal Agents, the NDAA comes to mind. For those of you who are not familiar with the NDAA or National Defense Authorization Act, allow me to summarize the powers that are now granted to Federal Agents. The moment that anyone, including law abiding American citizens, is labeled a “Domestic Terrorist” their constitutional rights become null and void, and they can be detained and incarcerated indefinitely, without charges, due process, and without probable cause and without bail. Not surprisingly, our very own Senator Harry Reid labeled anyone that is supporting Cliven Bundy or his family, “Domestic Terrorists.” This all seems pretty convenient all of a sudden, especially when BLM Federal Agents used excessive force on law-abiding American citizens, exercising their First Amendment Rights in protesting the treatment of the Bundy Family and their property (900 head of cattle). I am also noticing that the local news media is now, a little late, picking up this story and publishing, out of sequence, video clips and photos of militiamen pointing their rifles at BLM Federal Agents. I am pretty sure that all will agree that those militia rifles and handguns were not present when the BLM Federal agents were tazering and beating up women protesters that first day near the Bundy ranch. Proof positive is that if they were there the first day, there probably would be some wounded or dead BLM Federal agents, from those very same militiamen, that were not there with their firearms that first day. I don’t recall any BLM Federal agents being hurt that day either, but maybe later on their egos took one hell of a beating. Reflecting back, the following day and the days after, when the militiamen, Oathkeepers, or the perimeter guard arrived and positioned themselves in defense mode around the Bundy ranch, with their firearms at the ready, the incidents of “tazering” and “beat-downs” of law abiding American citizens by BLM Federal agents, was reduced to zero. Well, that’s the good news. Now for the bad news. Our $42 million Sheriff Gillespie and his anointed successor (Lombardo) later decided to play “catch up” after failing miserably to intervene at the beginning, and tried to bring things down to a medium cool around the Bundy ranch. However, the message that he brought with him was very one-sided, suspect, and probably just another lie. The message was that the FBI will be investigating the incident — the weapons charges — pointing and aiming such charges at all those involved, as well as adding into the mix any other criminal violations that may surface. I especially liked the uniformed officer that needed to make a statement to the media in that he was afraid because of the militia rifles that were pointed at him. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that this FBI investigation is geared and directed toward the protesters, militia men, perimeter guard, the Bundy family, and just about anyone else that was at the scene, except the BLM Federal agents. I guess they called that a “stacked deck.” This sure doesn’t appear to be a very impartial investigation. At any rate, my strong advice to all those supporting the Bundy Family, and to all those condemning the actions of the BLM, is to sling your rifles, holster your handguns, make sure you have access to plenty of ammo, stand your ground, and don’t give these investigators any reason to charge you with “Pointing and Aiming” your firearms at anyone. Don’t play into their hands, don’t give them an excuse, and don’t threaten anyone with deadly force. In my opinion, with forty years of law enforcement behind me, and a current candidacy for Sheriff of Clark County in the works, these investigators are under orders from Washington D. C. and don’t care about you, whatsoever. Trust nobody, develop a buddy system within your ranks, and be aware of infiltrators; the Feds play real dirty. The feds know they have messed up; the Sheriff knows he messed up and let this happen, and they will try anything to divert everybody’s attention away from them and their mistake of “drawing first blood.” If anyone doesn’t believe something like this can happen to them, think again and real hard, because there is pretend legislation already in place with the NDAA that allows for this to happen with your tax dollars to fund it. As your next Sheriff of Clark County, I have already signed a resolution to prevent this type of Federal intrusion into our county. * * * * * Gordon Martines is a former LVMPD detective who has served in many capacities over his 39-year career in law enforcement. He has been a candidate for sheriff in 2002, 2006, and 2010, is currently running for sheriff with the intention of bringing integrity and accountability back to the department, and filed a federal lawsuit against LVMPD in 2011. Martines now contributes his opinions and ideas to the Las Vegas Tribune to keep the public informed and help improve policing in Las Vegas. He has also appeared on the Face the Tribune radio program several times to share his plan for a better LVMPD if he should be elected sheriff.
Tune into RadioTribune daily for the best internet talk radio in Nevada.
Click on the image to tune in.
- WikiLeaks evidence shows that elections can and have been riggedOctober 26, 2016
- Lawmakers hand out unconstitutional corporate gift to another billionaireOctober 26, 2016
- George Soros-connected company has provided voting technology in 16 statesOctober 26, 2016
- Obama campaigns for Hillary while taxpayers’ pay the tabOctober 26, 2016
- Our Las Vegas Tribune Diverse Family TeamOctober 22, 2016
- affordable care act Barack Obama Clark County Clark Feeley Cliven Bundy Dave Thomas Detective Gordon Martines Donald Trump Entertainment Face The Tribune FBI Gordon Martines Gov. Brian Sandoval Harry Reid Hillary Clinton Joe Lombardo Judge Allan Earl Justice Department Larry Burns Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Tribune Lt. Hans Walters LVMPD Mitt Romney Nevada Supreme Court Obamacare President Barack Obama President Obama Regional Justice Center Republican Party sandy zimmerman Sheriff Doug Gillespie Sheriff Douglas Gillespie Sheriff Gillespie show reviews Social Security Stanley Gibson Sue Lowden Ted Cruz. Ted Moody Trevon Cole U.S. Supreme Court United States United States of America
- In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,August 15, 2014
- Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIREDJune 19, 2013
- Lawyer lied during Kirstin Lobato’s Nevada Supreme Court argumentsNovember 13, 2014
- We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”January 15, 2014
- Court Hearing Master Patricia Doninger Must GoApril 6, 2013
- Aurora on:Opponents of Adelson-backed stadium get little attention in Adelson owned newspaper
- Lillian on:In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,
- Ellis on:We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”
- n/a on:CALL 311? What an eye-opener this was!
- New Ad Shows How Catherine Cortez Masto Ignored Pleas For Help From Family Taken Advantage Of By Nevada’s Guardianship Program – Freedom Partners - Action Fund on:We’re still on the job and not backing down
DonationsLasVegasTribune.com has a handful of honest hardworking editors and researchers. We are working diligently to bring you the truth no matter the cost. We have no membership fees and have no plans for it in the future. We rely on the compassion and dedication of our faithful volunteers and donations from our loyal readers.
Please donate as much as you feel comfortable. We have multiple donation values for your convenience as well as donation you can enter your own value.
We thank you for your support, and please only donate what you can afford.
Like Us On Facebook