WASHINGTON — A top U.S. Defense Department analyst under President Bush says ISIS, the Islamic jihadists creating a Muslim caliphate in Iraq and beyond, could use the Mexican border to infiltrate America, and it could happen “sooner rather than later.” At a time when thousands are crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally each day, the risks might never be higher, said Michael Maloof, now a senior staff writer for WND and expert on the Middle East. He said there are risks to the economy and the nation’s health. And he warned the Iraq crisis easily could turn into a global issue. In the Middle East, the radical jihadists in the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (Greater Syria), or ISIS, have been conquering northern portions of Iraq. They’ve been executing, crucifying and beheading as they burn through the fragile nation. They now threaten to overthrow the government of Iraq and its neighbors to build a caliphate to use as a launching pad for attacks on the U.S. and its allies. At the same time, some 1,500 illegal aliens are crossing the Mexico-U.S. border each day and the Obama administration has done little, if anything, to stop the influx. Putting the two together should raise alarms, he said. “ISIS may be working to infiltrate” the U.S. with the aid of transnational drug cartels, he said, citing the violent Mexican criminal gang MS-13 as a highly likely candidate for the partnership. “MS-13 already are in over 1,100 U.S. cities, and, as a consequence, the infiltration capabilities are very, very high and the threat from them can be sooner rather than later,” Maloof warned. If ISIS did smuggle operatives into the U.S. across the U.S.-Mexico border it would almost certainly not be the first time a terrorist group has done so. Officially recognized by the U.S. government as Special Interest Aliens (SIAs), since the onset of the war on terror WND and other media have reported multiple cases of foreign nationals, including al-Qaida sleeper operatives, being smuggled into the U.S. Further, in multiple instances the action was said to be aided by MS-13. As reported by WND in 2005, Paul L. Williams, a former FBI consultant and author of “The al-Qaida Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse,” claimed that al-Qaida under the leadership of Osama Bin Laden had delivered nuclear technology into the U.S. Williams said at that time that former CIA Director George Tenet informed President Bush one month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that at least two suitcase nukes allegedly had reached al-Qaida operatives in the U.S. Take a look at a real danger to America, in Maloof’s book, “A Nation Forsaken. See his comments: Williams claimed al-Qaida would pay the notorious MS-13 street gang between $30,000 and $50,000 for each sleeper agent smuggled into the U.S. from Mexico. The sleepers are also provided with phony identification, most often bogus matricula consular ID cards indistinguishable from Mexico’s official ID, which are accepted in the U.S. to open bank accounts and obtain driver’s licenses. At the time, a Border Patrol supervisor anonymously reported that there was a surge in “OTMS” — other than Mexicans — being caught coming into the U.S. “About one in every 10 that we catch is from a country like Yemen or Egypt,” he said. According to Border Patrol spokesman Rob Daniels, 10 Egyptians were arrested recently near Douglas, Arizona. Each had paid $7,000 to be brought from Guatemala into Mexico and then across the border, he said. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, hours after the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, an anonymous caller led Mexican immigration agents to 41 undocumented Iraqis waiting to cross into the United States. The Associated Press reported Mexican immigration police detained 13 citizens of Yemen on Sept. 24, 2001, who were reportedly waiting to cross the border into Arizona. The Yemenis were arrested in Agua Prieta, across the border from Douglas. Luis Teran Balaguer, assistant head of immigration in the northern state of Sonora, said, “The evidence indicates that they have nothing to do with terrorist activities.” The Agua Prieta Mexico newspaper, El Ciarin, however, did not agree with Balaguer’s assessment. The editor, Jose Noriega Durazo, said on a front-page headline “The Arab terrorists were here!” Potential terrorists stealing across the border had been predicted well in advance of the World Trade Center disaster. A May 1, 2000 report to the Committee on the Judiciary, House of Representatives, the General Accounting Office, said: “Alien smuggling is a significant and growing problem. Some are smuggled as part of a criminal or terrorist enterprise that can pose a serious threat to U.S. national security.” Then-Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., the same year, said, “It’s almost incredible to recognize, as part of the overall strategy this government is going to employ to deal with the issue of terrorism, that we would not concentrate heavily on securing our borders and try to do everything humanly possible to stop people, who have evil intent, from coming into the United States.” Andrew Ireland is an intern for WND.
Tune into RadioTribune daily for the best internet talk radio in Nevada.
Click on the image to tune in.
- We have a great economy!February 10, 2016
- Getting your affairs in order — for both life and deathFebruary 10, 2016
- Nowadays everything is cold, impersonal, automated communication…February 10, 2016
- Democrats are all for smart guns and dumb ballotsFebruary 5, 2016
- Judge Allan Earl, Peoples United Bank conspirators to commit fraudFebruary 5, 2016
- affordable care act Clark Feeley Dave Thomas Detective Gordon Martines Donald Trump Entertainment Face The Tribune FBI Gordon Martines Gov. Brian Sandoval Harry Reid Hillary Clinton Joe Lombardo Jon Ralston Judge Allan Earl Larry Burns Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Tribune Lt. Hans Walters Lt. Karen Hughes LVMPD Michael Brown Mitt Romney Nevada Supreme Court Obamacare President Obama Regional Justice Center Republican Party Restaurant Reviews sandy zimmerman Sheriff Doug Gillespie Sheriff Douglas Gillespie Sheriff Gillespie show reviews Social Security Stanley Gibson Sue Lowden Ted Moody travel Trayvon Martin Trevon Cole U.S. Supreme Court United States United States of America
- In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,August 15, 2014
- Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIREDJune 19, 2013
- Lawyer lied during Kirstin Lobato’s Nevada Supreme Court argumentsNovember 13, 2014
- Court Hearing Master Patricia Doninger Must GoApril 6, 2013
- We are all familiar by now with “urban sprawl”January 15, 2014
- various search on:In Cuba, that kind of discrimination did not exist until January 1959,
- KWD on:Cox Bullies Channel 8 and Las Vegans
- Alex Falconi on:An Appellate Court needs to rule by the law
- Las Vegas Tribune Archives on:Clark County Court to Patricia Doninger: YOU’RE FIRED
- Ian Leaf on:CHINA’S JUNGLE ADVENTURE- Xishuangbanna, China-
DonationsLasVegasTribune.com has a handful of honest hardworking editors and researchers. We are working diligently to bring you the truth no matter the cost. We have no membership fees and have no plans for it in the future. We rely on the compassion and dedication of our faithful volunteers and donations from our loyal readers.
Please donate as much as you feel comfortable. We have multiple donation values for your convenience as well as donation you can enter your own value.
We thank you for your support, and please only donate what you can afford.
Like Us On Facebook